Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Letter sent May 23, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my appreciation for the exceptional service provided to me by Levi S., Marty P., and Guillermo R. during my move from Burbank to Sherman Oaks on May 22, 2007.

I have used several professional movers over the last 25 years, and this experience made me want to take the time to convey how impressed I was with all three of these people. Each one of them made a significant contribution to making sure a difficult situation resulted in success.

Levi S. clearly understood and accepted his responsibility to me as a customer and to your company as his employer. It was very evident that he wanted to make sure everything was handled properly, professionally, and safely. He had great attention to detail, and was very effective in communicating with his helpers. I was impressed with his integrity and his personal investment in the outcome.

Marty P. was very helpful and personable, even under stress. At one point, it appeared to all present, including myself and my friend who was helping out that my large couch would not make it past a certain turn where a stairwell met a hall. We all agonized about how to get the couch in and were in agreement that the mission needed to be aborted short of throwing cables over the railing down to the courtyard far below. However, Marty did not give up and was able to engineer a solution that resulted in me having my couch and the building remain intact. It is this kind of persistence, attitude and problem-solving that makes someone an indispensable asset to all.

Guillermo R. was equally impressive. His work ethic was astounding. He even cut his lunch short to get back to work. His efforts were tireless and efficient. He too solved a major issue when my large bed needed to be disassembled in order to transport it. He did an excellent job without any visible frustration. Throughout the move, his positive attitude and good nature made it a pleasant experience.

I told all three of these guys that I have no idea how anyone can do this kind of work day in and day out. I could barely stand doing this once every ten years! People like this deserve the utmost respect because theirs is often a thankless task when in fact their services are some of the most important in our society.

I can’t thank these gentlemen enough for making a very difficult transition in my life, at a time when I have been very ill, pleasant and successful. I know customers rarely hold back when they are dissatisfied – I hope that these workers get all the praise and compensation they deserve. They are the face and backbone of your organization.

Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness and excellence in employing competent, personable and trustworthy individuals.

All the best,
Susan D.